iWorkTipsnTricks Forum Index iWorkTipsnTricks

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEWS:
Installation and other major problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWorkTipsnTricks Forum Index -> iWork generally  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterBreis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Installation and other major problems Reply with quote

Apple has one of the best support systems of any major corporation.

If you have any major problem recently after purchase of any computer or software including OSX and iWork you can call them and have it resolved by an expert. If you have AppleCare, highly recommended, this extends over 3 years from purchase.

Speak to Apple!

Apple offers full support on all installations

Telephone numbers in your area.

The person who first answers your call may have limited experience, some are even using PCs, and may not be able to satisfactorily answer your questions.

Do not hesitate to have the problem escalated. Apple has experts at call and as needed will pass you up to the experts.
PeterBreis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Complete reinstall Reply with quote

Complete reinstall

If you have persistent problems:

Delete

User/Applications/iWork '09 folder

User/Library/Application Support/iWork '09

User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iwork.Keynote.plist
User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iwork.Numbers.plist
User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iwork.Pages.plist

…substitute your User name (the one with the little house icon on it) for "User".

You may have chosen to install iWork for all Users so also check the System Library for these files and folders, usually:

Macintosh HD/Library/…etc

Once you have fully cleared your old installation, reinstall from the downloaded installer or DVD.

Make sure to update the installation to the latest version, 4.03 minimum.

Apple should have an uninstall option in their software.

OSX 10.7 (Lion) Users have hidden System folder

To show the System folder go to the Finder > Menu > hold down option key > Go

Apple has stopped the Trial Version of iWork but you can get it from Yvan Koernig who is kindly hosting it here:

https://www.box.com/s/00qnssoyeq2xvc22ra4k#/s/00qnssoyeq2xvc22ra4k/1/129504965

Last edited by PeterBreis on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
PeterBreis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Hoefler Text bug in OSX 10.6 Reply with quote

Pages users in OSX 10.6 and 10.6.1 are experiencing problems opening templates due to a faulty Hoefler Text font.

To fix the problem.

1. Open Font Book

2. Disable Hoefler Text

3. Download and install Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (Combo) from Apple Updates sight

4. After the update enable Hoefler Text in Font Book.
Marmolina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Pages Reply with quote

I did talked to one of the supports but they are more concerned of extending my Apple Care hence my one year warranty will end up this month and they said I can't extend anymore after July 31. I have to pay almost 2k in our money and almost half amount if I have to purchase iphone 5. What will happend if I don't have Apple Care after July 31? I can't ask for a support anymore from Apple?
PeterBreis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleCare pays for 2 things:

1. Service and repair of your Apple product for 3 years

2. Bottomless phone support for 3 years

You have a standard 1 year service and repair warranty with Apple purchases, which also covers 30 days of installation/set-up support.

In Australia our Consumer body has declared that Australian consumer law states that service and support must be for the reasonable life of a product, in effect at least 2 years. The European Union, and certainly Italy, have stated something similar.

However whilst that covers repairs to the hardware, Apple's customer support does go beyond that.

In this case, since an understandable error was made in the purchase, Apple should assist you in getting your money back. If the person on the phone isn't helpful, insist on speaking to the manager and persist until they give your money back.

Point out that Apple uses the same name for both software, even though they are not the same, and does not clearly say what the difference is. That they are not the same is not obvious to a new customer such as yourself.
Marmolina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Downloaded Reply with quote

I downloaded the links that you've sent and it is 5GB. Until now still downloading since 3am in the morning and now is 6.30am in our time. Is this any threat to my memory? I should have asked you before downloading, really a beginner. Thanks a lot for helping.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading what?

I thought you were after Pages for Mac OSX, which is available from the Mac App Store, not from here.
Marmolina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Downloaded Reply with quote

I downloaded the links that you've sent and it is 5GB. Until now still downloading since 3am in the morning and now is 6.30am in our time. Is this any threat to my memory? I should have asked you before downloading, really a beginner. Thanks a lot for helping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWorkTipsnTricks Forum Index -> iWork generally All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum