351tbolt Forum Index 351tbolt
The "PASS" forum, dedicated to those who drive their cars on the street and are willing to take them out now and then for a thrash at the track.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEWS:
Another great year!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    351tbolt Forum Index -> Thunder in the valley- archive  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thordane65

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Another great year! Reply with quote

Hey guys, Im unpacked and back to reality... just thought I'd share some thoughts.

PROS:
1. Track was sticky! Good job on the prep you guys.
2. Registration -very accomodating and friendly and every effort was made to help people. Well done.
3. The people - great to see all of you. We only see each other for a couple of days a year, but it feels like we are old friends. That's cool.
4. Pit vehicles - the message was heard. MUCH safer than in previous years!
5. Ron redlighting... some things never change. Twisted Evil
6. The weather - thank god it didnt rain and the non-heat was a nice change!

I would rate this year as an A overall. You guys are really getting efficient and smmoth at running this thing.

Cons:
1. Return road - I know paving and that aint paving. I talked with Ron and got the scoup, but wow... it took a half hour to clean your tires after hitting that each run. Not to mention the flats Im sure it caused.
2. Hornets - WTF?? Man, I got stung 3 times. One of those years...
3. Classes - Now I truly understand the "grass-roots" aspect of this event and support it. BUT.... to have 17 second cars in Mod is well... kinda dumb. I dont know how your are going to curtail this other than allowing street cars to camp and pit, but having a guy leave 5 seconds ahead of you is crazy. Those cars need to be in street B.
4. My shifting - if you think the toploader was bad, my TKO didnt go into 2-3rd once without missing. It was like I was driving a dumptruck. Brutal.
5. Outhouses -what kind of a jackass dumps an outhouse at this event? Go back to langford you dumbf**cks.

Thanks to all of you who put this event on for all of us racers / gearheads. This is the only event I attend each year (mostly due to family / work) and our group really looks forward to it.

THANKS!!!
TK

Ron will be happy to know I have removed my nitrous. It didnt look good with my new shiny aluminum heads.
406elcamino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got your first run on vid there get it up sooner or later

yeah god dam bee's man i was stung twice by those dirty pricks

11.97@112
badbird

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and have brought my ideas to the meetings in the past about Mod. No non slick tired cars in mod and min 14 ET. Just my 2cents.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    351tbolt Forum Index -> Thunder in the valley- archive All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: