Liberty Forum - We are returning... Forum Index Liberty Forum - We are returning...
SEE GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENT IN EACH FORUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEWS:
We are now Recruiting!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Liberty Forum - We are returning... Forum Index -> The Road Ahead  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: We are now Recruiting! Reply with quote

After a rather long hiatus over the direction the Militia of Georgia was going in, we are now actively recruiting. This thread will explain what is going on and how you can join.

The first step in becoming a participating member in the Militia of Georgia is to fill out the enlistment application. That application is the beginning point of your membership.

Over the next few weeks we will begin the process of having ALL members, whether newbies or twenty years of service to fill out an enlistment application. Those applications will stay with the State Headquarters under the control of the Commanding Officer (an elected official within the Militia of Georgia.)

Once you have filled out the enlistment application, we will recommend you to an existing UNIT OR we may help you establish a unit in your neighborhood.

A UNIT is a small group of militia members with a minimum of 3 (THREE) people any our recommendation is that each unit contain 12 (TWELVE) members, but never more than about 20 (TWENTY.)

Each of these units represent militia members who know each other and want to work together. The unit is that small number living in close proximity to one another so that they can help each other and respond to neighborhood emergencies. The State Headquarters will not tell you how far your individual unit should extend, but we can recommend that all the members live within the same county or the adjoining county at the most.

Once a unit is operational they will be able to select, in a manner of their own choosing, a CAPTAIN, whose primary function is to represent the unit as a representative in the STATE-WIDE business. Captains are the chief legislators of the militia, deciding on the rules, policies and standards that will be enacted. They may also have to become judicial officers when a militia member must be disciplined.

At the UNIT level, the State Headquarters does not interfere with the unit's activities unless and until it directly affects another unit, violates the law, or directly impacts the Militia of Georgia as a whole. For instance, your local leadership, FTXs and local meetings are not the business of the State Headquarters unless you are recruiting the public, holding joint projects with another unit, involved in a public activity and / or breaking the laws.

Above your UNIT level is the STATE HEADQUARTERS. At the State HQ, you have two major ELECTED officials, the Commanding Officer (CO) and the Executive Officer (XO.

Under the State HQ, the CO may appoint any number of officers to help accomplish the missions and projects of the militia.

Last edited by Enforcer on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, if you want to be in the militia, you will let your intentions be known by sending a PM to Enforcer on this board or letting me know by e mail, phone, U.S. Snail Mail, etc. In the next few weeks, we will do a meet and greet type of meeting to answer questions and give you the opportunity to fill out an enlistment application.

If you have other questions, post them on this thread if possible OR you are welcome to PM me if you want or need a confidential reply.
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to a problem with getting this server to accept all of my postings, this thread is going along slowly. I keep getting error messages. Besides, if I break this up, you may be able to read a posting today and the next one tomorrow, etc.

I want to make a statement to you and then justify the remark:

THE MILITIA OF GEORGIA IS THE ONLY LEGITIMATE MILITIA ORGANIZATION OPERATING IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA

That is a bold statement, so allow me to explain this to you. We initially began as little more than a constitutional study group / survivalist group in 1987. Many of my friends were all doing the same thing, so we decided to network and rely on each other. Also, the group I was with had just exited a Political Action Committee, which went in a direction we disagreed with.

By the early 1990s the concept of small local units preparing for worst case scenarios and working against what is now collectively known as the New World Order had attracted several units across Georgia.

Then, when Timothy McVeigh was being tried for blowing up the Murrah Federal Building in 1995, it catapulted militias to the forefront of the public's attention. And, in that year I went onto a local tv talk show, Meg in the Morning. I was the only definable militia member the media knew. And while on that show, it ended up being the most watched show they had ever had on that station. They asked me to return the next day for more questions, answers, and so forth from Meg and callers who phoned in their comments and questions.

That show put me into contact with the Georgia Militia which was under the control of a guy named Frank Smith. The then Georgia Republic Militia was an offshoot from Smith's "constitutional study group." Some may recall that the "Republic Militia" version was falsely accused of having things to make stuff go boom. And there was the Georgia Civilian Militia headed up by Luke Gray and the actual leader, whose name escapes me (he got drunk and threatened to blow up Buford Dam in a phone conversation with his ex girlfriend. And he got arrested, etc.)

Anyway, by 1998 we helped organize a Survival Expo in the Atlanta area and over 12,000 tickets were sold over a three day period. By the time that week-end was over, if you lived in Georgia and even had a fleeting thought about a militia, then I knew it.

We then held a series of meetings across Georgia and even invited EVERY militia group to attend. The net result is that the overwhelming majority of people expressed an interest in having ONE statewide militia. So, every militia leader who could be identified was invited to attend a series of meetings to explore that possibility. And from there we nominated ALL of those leaders AND several other people who were in the militia to a Commanding Officer's post and an Executive Officer's post. Some of the people nominated wanted to be dropped from consideration and so, in 1999 I was elected as the C.O. and all the other militia groups rallied behind that effort. From that date, forward, I have had to run every two years for that position.

As soon as I was elected, I sent a registered letter to the governor, telling him of our actions AND allowing him to dispute our Right to organize a civilian militia and elect leaders. He didn't dispute it.

And so, the Militia of Georgia is open to ALL citizens of Georgia who are not legally prohibited from being in the militia. EVERY member has the right, after their probationary period, to run for a militia office at the State level and could be a representative for their UNIT on the day of their enlistment.

The other self proclaimed militias have never gone through that process; do not offer the same opportunities; do not have leaders who actually earned their positions. Rather, they just declared themselves to be a militia and set themselves up as the leaders. There was no equal opportunity for others to acquire positions of authority; no notification to the governor; NO consideration given to the leadership of the other militia groups (especially the Militia of Georgia) before activating another militia.

Other militia groups confuse the public; they create tension between members of the different factions in the militia; they send out political messages which may differ from those of the legitimate militia.

My position comes up for re-election every two years. If those other guys wanted to be a leader, you've got to ask yourself why they aren't participating in the Militia of Georgia and establishing themselves as being the more viable leader. The Militia of Georgia does NOT revolve around one person. If they can do a better job, they are welcome to join and then run against me in the next election. Otherwise, they are nothing more than a private militia and or a select militia, not able to meet the definition of a constitutional militia nor claiming the legitimacy that we can lay claim to.
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE MILITIA OF GEORGIA AND WHAT CAN THEY DO FOR YOU?

The militia is the last line of defense in a free nation. And when the militia cannot work withing the system to defend the country, they then become the primary defense against tyranny in government.

Recently some critics accused the militia (in general, of being "loose.") SOME of that criticism goes back to the self proclaimed private militias operating in Georgia. And they said that anybody wanting to go up against the combined police / military forces in the United States had to be delusional, etc.

Make no mistake. We do not want to send anybody to Hell or to jail. And the militia would NEVER go up against a numerically superior force, head to head, in any imagined conventional war. That does not mean that we cannot fight and win. I like reminding people that there were only 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence; that Jesus did his work with a mere 12 apostles; that even the most evil people, like Hitler, had only a few guys sitting around in a pub, drinking to start with.

When you join the militia, you begin networking with people throughout the state who share your views and concerns. Opportunities for meeting new people, participating in training and being able to prepare with others in your neighborhood are but a few of the initial advantages of being in the militia.

Last edited by Enforcer on Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
rasdavid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are legally prohibited from being in the militia?
What would determine this?
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who are in the ORGANIZED militia are prohibited from being in the militia:

Army
Navy
Air Force
U.S.M.C.
U.S. Coast Guard
National Guard
Reserves

Some public officials are prohibited, by law

Law enforcement officials are generally prohibited since their membership MAY cause a conflict of interest in whether they enforce the laws of the de facto government versus obeying the Constitution.

People who are on probation or parole

And some people cannot participate in FIREARMS TRAINING if they've been convicted of certain crimes. They can, however, petition the courts for their rights to be restored. They CAN work in militia positions like medical, office positions, legal liaison, communications, machine shop, transportation, intel, and a myriad of other positions where they don't have to use a firearm.
rasdavid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sence. Now do they have to be active duty are retired military still not allowed. Just curious, I was never in the military but I know alot of true patriots who were. Thanks for info
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously if you're retired, you are not under the contract any longer.
Here is the U.S. law:

311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

So, what is that section 313 all about?

§ 313. Appointments and enlistments: age limitations

(a) To be eligible for original enlistment in the National Guard, a person must be at least 17 years of age and under 45, or under 64 years of age and a former member of the Regular Army, Regular Navy, Regular Air Force, or Regular Marine Corps. To be eligible for reenlistment, a person must be under 64 years of age.
(b) To be eligible for appointment as an officer of the National Guard, a person must—
(1) be a citizen of the United States; and
(2) be at least 18 years of age and under 64.

So, unless you are a part of the organized militia or in any of the classes above, you are eligible in a de jure constitutional republic.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Eligibility to be a Member of the Militia of Georgia Reply with quote

Finally found out what it takes to be in the militia, and I'm no longer eligible due to age. I'm over 64 years of age. Bummer!

Fred Thomas
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously ahab never heard of Title IX of the Civil Rights Act

You might be too old for the ORGANIZED militia, but NOT for the UNORGANIZED militia. If you can be of some benefit, we turn no person down on account of age and / or physical limitations.
chuck
PFC Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
I need to meet with you and sign what ever papers you require. I am of age and exnavy Viet Nam veteran.
I looking forward in meeting you and getting started doing what ever I can do to help.
jerg_064
PFC Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enforcer wrote:
People who are in the ORGANIZED militia are prohibited from being in the militia:

Army
Navy
Air Force
U.S.M.C.
U.S. Coast Guard
National Guard
Reserves

Some public officials are prohibited, by law

Law enforcement officials are generally prohibited since their membership MAY cause a conflict of interest in whether they enforce the laws of the de facto government versus obeying the Constitution.

People who are on probation or parole

And some people cannot participate in FIREARMS TRAINING if they've been convicted of certain crimes. They can, however, petition the courts for their rights to be restored. They CAN work in militia positions like medical, office positions, legal liaison, communications, machine shop, transportation, intel, and a myriad of other positions where they don't have to use a firearm.

I read around some in the 300 code sections and couldn't find where it prohibited Organized from also taking part in Unorganized. I'll take your word for it but, for personal reference could you provide the code section?
Enforcer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Section 311 of Title 10 lists the differences between the two kinds of militia and makes a distinction. In the Army, I have been citing Army Regulation 600 - 20 as an example of the activities you might or might not be able to get involved in as a member of the military.

600- 15 prohibits members of the military from engaging in "extremist" activity. Today, the so - called "conservatives" have joined the liberal left in describing anyone who isn't a Republican or a Democrat as belonging to an "extremist" organization. See 600 -15:

http://www.usma.edu/EO/regspubs/PAM600-15.pdf

We are in a war. I keep telling people that over and over. And the Militia of Georgia is the only militia group who has officially put the governor on notice that we constitute the militia as required by law. Still, you could join one of the many select militias operating not only in this state, but probably most of the rest of the U.S. only to find out the government has declared that group to be a terrorist organization:

http://www.barnesville.com/archives/548-Government-watch-list-asks,-are-you-a-terrorist.html

A lot of these people will denounce "racism" and feign indignation if you even question them about their activities. Yet, you strip back the slick, emotion laden phrases and quotes these groups use, you find that many of their activities have a racist connotation, down to their program being reconstituted klan or nazi philosophies to the letter.

It's a difficult call. I could argue either side of this in an Article 32 Hearing, but politically speaking, I think actual militia membership might be a tough sell for an enlisted man. Supporting the militia may not be a problem; actual membership and doing FTXs... might be a problem.
gnorman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enforcer

where do I find the enlistment form/application ?
gnorman1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused about how exactly to ensure I'm elisted properly and assigned or picked to be part of a militia team or group ?

any advise for a new member ? having just a little trouble navigating in the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Liberty Forum - We are returning... Forum Index -> The Road Ahead All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: